Two out of three UK businesses are missing out
Despite difficult trading conditions two out of three UK businesses are losing out on the £80 billion spending power of 10 million disabled customers. This is a key finding of the 2009 Disability Standard that benchmarks over 100 UK Companies and public sector bodies. Even those that have made improvements are still not maximising the opportunity. The research also showed that:
- Only 44% ensured products and services are accessible.
- Just 21% ensure they act on the results of market research with disabled people, 8% less than 2007.
- Only a third ensure that customer facing departments consider the needs and preferences of disabled customers.
- just 44% are confident that disabled customers can transact with them online.
- Yet senior management at 58% of organisations have a clear public commitment to valuing disabled people as customers. This is 18% more than in 2007.
Yet more evidence in how UK business is mising out. Are you? Perhaps this should be part of your New Year resolutions if you answered No.