Celebrity chef Jean Christophe Novelli has joined forces with frozen food giant Findus to create a range of ready meals.
The Michelin-starred chef has designed a frozen range of favourites with a contemporary twist such as lasagne Novelli, using a camembert béchamel, haddock Mornay on a bed of spinach or lemon and honey roast chicken with a spring onion mash.
The range also features desserts including apple and raisin crêpe crumble with white chocolate brandy sauce and toasted oats and white and dark crêpe chocolat.
The Hell’s Kitchen star said: “"Freezing is nature’s best way of preserving flavours, colours and vitamins.
“But any finished dish is only as good as the raw ingredients and imagination put in at the beginning, so it is a pleasure working with people who share my high standards in food preparation and presentation. I see this as just the start of a wonderful relationship,”
Simon Rees, Jean Christophe’s business manager, added: “This partnership with Findus gives Jean Christophe the chance to deliver great quality food to people who are not regularly eating at gourmet restaurants.”
Norwegian businessman Geir Frantzen, who acquired Findus Ltd just over a year ago, said: “Jean Christophe Novelli has spent many days and nights in Newcastle at our factory, ensuring every single product meets his high expectations at every stage of development,”
The full range:
- Cod loin with garlic, basil, rosemary, thyme and garlic infused oil
- Cod loin with tomato, vanilla and aniseed infused oil
- Salmon Fillet - with coconut & lemongrass extracts in a aniseed infused oil
- Haddock Mornay - on a bed of spinach topped with a rich cheese Mornay sauce (serves one)
- Prime Cod fillet tower - topped with spinach, tomato sauce and Emmental cheese and served on a bed of creamy mashed potato
- Lemon & Honey Roast Chicken served on a bed of creamy spring onion mash
- Lasagne Novelli with a creamy camembert béchamel sauce
- Mediterranean Rigatoni - with chunky aubergine, red onion, peppers, courgettes, fennel, olives and cherry tomatoes with a blue cheese glaze
- Apple & Raisin Crêpe Crumble with white chocolate brandy sauce & toasted oats
- White and Dark Crêpe Chocolat
By Emily Manson
E-mail your comments to Emily Manson here.