Dale Parmenter and the DRP Group won the top award at last night's Springboard Awards - the Chris Beaumont Special Award for their support for the Springboard Charity over the past five years, staging the production of major events and helping to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for the charity.
The Springboard Awards for Excellence 2010 were presented in front of an audience of 550 people at the Lancaster London last night.
The award winners were:
● The Springboard Ambassador Award Amanda Bass
● Best Regional Initiative Hilton - North of Scotland Cluster
● The Web Award Bighospitality.com - William Reed Business media
● The Education Award Hilton Hotel Birmingham Metropole
● The Young People Award PGL Travel Ltd
● Best Student Placement Provider Award Hilton Hotel Birmingham Metropole
● The Diversity in Employment Award Sodexo
● Best Initiative to Attract People to be a Chef Royal Automobile Club
● Best Initiative to Attract People into Management Merlin Entertainment Group
● Best Employer Award Park Plaza County Hall
● Best Career Progression Award BaxterStorey
● The Retention Award Charles Wells Pub Company
● Best Recruitment Initiative Award Marriott Meon Valley &Country Club and Portsmouth Marriott Hotel
● The Corporate Responsibility Award Sodexo
● People Innovation Award The Savoy Society Mentoring Scheme
● The Chris Beaumont Special Award Dale Parmenter & The DRP group
Springboard chief executive Anne Pierce said: "At a time when everyone is facing increasing challenges, awards such as ours become ever important to reward hard work, increase morale and celebrate achievement - it costs nothing to enter but the value in getting short-listed, achieving a commendation or winning an award is immense for everyone involved."
Sponsors of the Awards were American Express, Brakes, Caterer.com, Danone waters, DRP group, Gauntlet, Handpicked Hotels, Hotel Employers Group, Institute of Hospitality, One and All Foundation, Pearson, Santander Corporate, ThirdForce and 3663.
By Neil Gerrard
E-mail your comments to Neil Gerrard here.
If you have something to say on this story or anything else join the debate at Table Talk - Caterer's new networking forum. Go to www.caterersearch.com/tabletalk
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com jobs