It is now generally appreciated that automated coffee machines can produce beverages of a considerably high standard. The important next step is in selecting a self-serve machine that will allow guests to dispense their own coffee, typically at breakfast, out-of-hours or in-room.
MANUAL FILL OR PLUMBED IN
We say A huge number of options in a small footprint - can offer regular coffee, decaf or chocolate. Can be manually filled or plumbed in. Quick self-cleaning system in six minutes.
● Can vend up to 150 cups a day.
● LED "mood lighting" which can match any decor.
● Option of free or paid-for vend.
Dimensions 325mm (w) x 668mm (h) x 555mm (d)
WMF 01895 816106
Self-serve filter coffee
We say Designed specially for very high volume self-service filter coffee at locations where staff service may also be required.
● Self-service push button front with staff service tap operation.
● Variable volume setting on push button.
● Copious hot water supply for tea.
Dimensions 760mm (h) x 362mm (w) x 668mm (d)
Marco Beverage Systems 01933 666488
Fresh milk option
We say A fully-automatic bean-to-cup machine with option of fresh milk from add-on refrigeration module. The swivelling cup shelf allows large quantities to be drawn off into a pot or flask.
● Easy access to major components for quick servicing.
● Easy-to-see display, large selection buttons, clear labelling.
● Option of twin hoppers, allowing choice of coffee.
Dimensions 450mm (w) x 710mm (h) x 570mm (d)
Sielaff UK 01922 743010
We say A semi-automatic capsule machine offering freshness, portion control, consistency and no waste for low-volume use.
● 18-bar pump pressure - powerful enough for good espresso extraction.
● Works off 13A plug; has built in water-tank for full portability.
● Italian-made components, optional manual steam arm.
Dimensions 265mm (h) x 285mm (w) x 355mm (d)
Kimbo UK 020 8743 8959
Black and White Cool
We say Barista-quality coffee at the touch of a button with a range of applications and functionality tailored for self-service including a display for advertising or promotional videos to engage with the consumer.
● Customer-friendly touchscreen controls.
● Produces dense and creamy foam without the use of steam or a pressure vessel.
● Can produce chilled drinks for summer.
Dimensions 700mm(h) x 350mm(w) x 600mm(d)
United Coffee 01908 275520
● How much choice to give The conventional espresso menu (cappuccino, latte, mocha) is relatively straightforward. But do guests want filter coffee or hot chocolate?
● What is the cleaning regime? Generally speaking, most machines which can make a speciality coffee can now clean themselves - but check exactly how, and how long it takes.
● What is the payment option? You may wish to have the facility to allow free vend at breakfast, but paid-for out-of-hours.
● What is the ideal milk? It is now common for a machine to offer the choice of using fresh milk or a 'whitener' - the choice is the caterer's.