LED lamps from Verbatim, a division of Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, are delivering significant energy savings to the iO hotel in Frankfurt, Germany.
The iO hotel, part of the Contel Hotel Group, is located close to Frankfurt, Germany. The hotel's monthly energy consumption is about 22,000kW, which costs an average of €7,500 (£6,250) per month.
Searching for an energy-efficient alternative to traditional incandescent and halogen lighting to help combat rising energy costs, the hotel management chose to install LEDs made by Verbatim.
The iO hotel manager Uwe Bärsch explains: "Verbatim LED lamps were chosen for three key reasons: they offer substantial energy savings, a longer lamp lifetime that reduces maintenance costs, and outstanding light quality. In the selection of an eco-friendly solution, it was important to choose high quality, reliable lighting that looks good and provides a comfortable ambience."
More than 200 Verbatim LED PAR16 GU10 downlights are now used in the hotel's reception, lobby, restaurant and hallways in the conference area.
Besides saving more than €20,000 (£16,800) each year on energy costs, the iO hotel expects to also substantially reduce maintenance, given each bulb lasts for more than 25,000 hours, or about 10 times longer than halogen lights. What's more, at least 40 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions a year will be eliminated as a result of the move.
Do you work for a high-class hotel or restaurant in the UK? Are you seeking eco-friendly lighting that offers improved energy efficiency but matches the high standard of lighting that your customers expect? Verbatim is offering you the chance to win £1,500 worth of LED lighting plus free advice on lamp choice and installation.
HOW TO ENTER
One lucky reader who can answer the above question will win this fantastic prize. All entries must be submitted by 31 May 2012. Entries can be submitted on a postcard and should include the answer, your name, job title, company name, address and telephone number. Send entries to Verbatim Competition, Caterer and Hotelkeeper, Quadrant House, The Quadrant, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5AS, or fill in the electronic entry form below.
How much money does the iO hotel expect to save in energy costs from the introduction of Verbatim LED lamps?
The winner of the February competition to win a Jestic Ugolini Minigel 1 machine worth £1,500 is Chris Beesley-Reynolds, program manager (Hospitality), South Leicestershire College
and the winner is
1. This competition is not open to employees or agents of Reed Business Information or Verbatim.
2. We reserve the right to change the prize without notice and no cash alternative will be offered.
3. The winner will be selected at random from correct entries, and the publisher’s decision is final.
4. Reed Business Information will use the contact information you provide to communicate with you on behalf of Caterer and Hotelkeeper. We may also use the information you have provided to send direct marketing material from ourselves relating to other products and services that may be of interest to you. Your information may also be disclosed to other companies who wish to send you information about their products and services including our sponsor, Verbatim. This could involve data transfer to countries outside the European Economic Area. For further information and choices please visit our data protection page at www.reedbusiness.co.uk/dataprotection or write to us at RBI, Freepost RCC2619, Haywards Heath RH16 3BR, UK.
5. The winner’s name will appear in Caterer and Hotelkeeper and on www.catererandhotelkeeper.com.