The Craft Guild of Chefs has whittled down a record number of entries to reveal the nominees for 2012 Awards into 16 categories.
The finalists will now have to wait until the special awards ceremony on 13 June at Wembley Stadium to find out which of them will be crowned the winners.
There are 16 awards in total, 14 open to nominations, and two in the hands of a special team of Craft Guild member judges. The latter includes the Special Award, chosen by the committee of the Craft Guild of Chefs, which is presented to the person who above all has made an enormous contribution to the industry. The Craft Guild's committee also judges the New Restaurant of the Year Award.
The nominees for each award category are:
● Apprentice Chef Award Conor McLean, the Savoy; Lyndsay Michie, La Gavroche; and April Partridge, the Ivy.
● Armed Services Chef Award Alun Davies, Royal Air Force; Mark Sweeney, Royal Air Force; and Laura Willison, Royal Navy.
● Banqueting & Event Chef Award Darren Deadman, Leiths; Phil Herd, Levy restaurant; and Tom Parry, Sodexo Prestige.
● Competition Chef Award Mark Hill, House of Commons; Javier Mercado, Westminster Kingsway College; and Adam Smith, the Ritz London.
● Contract Catering Chef Award Mark Crowe, Elior UK; Glynn Lawrence, Sodexo Prestige; and Danny Leung, Lexington.
● Cost Sector Chef Award Mark Hancock, University of West Sussex; Sheila Mingay Sales, Crocus Fields (Nottingham City Council); and Ryan Wilson, Harper Adams University College.
● Development Chef Award Antony Bennett, La Tasca; Robin Turner, Sodexo; and Andy Twells, Marks & Spencer.
● Education Chef Award Ian Baillie, South Downs College; John Crowe, North West Regional College; and Gary Hunter, Westminster Kingsway College.
● Ethnic Chef Award Mehernosh Mody, La Porte des Indes; Rakesh Ravindran Nair, the Cinnamon Club; and Sudha Shankar Saha, Saffron.
● New Restaurant of the Year Award Pollen Street Social, London - Jason Atherton; Rocksalt, Folkestone - Mark Sargeant; and Roganics, London - Simon Rogan.
● Pastry Chef Award Cherish Finden, the Langham; Martin Powell, RAC Club; and Yolande Stanley, Westminster Kingsway College.
● People's Choice Award Geoff Acott, Craft Guild of Chefs; Paul Gayler, the Lanesborough; Peter Hazzard, Chaddlewood Consultancy; and Michael Kitts, Emirates Culinary Academy of Hospitality Management.
● Pub Chef Award Jean-Philippe Bidart, the Millbrook Inn; Rob Hartwell, the Peach Pub Company; and Gary Witchalls, the Mole Inn.
● Restaurant Chef Award Richard Allen, Grand Jersey hotel and spa; Morgan Meunier, Morgan M; and Paul Shields, the Covent Garden hotel.
● Young Chef Award Rosa Fothergill, the Rhinehouse hotel; Ben Murphy, Pierre Koffmann at the Berkeley, and Andrew Tomkinson, the Dorchester.
To book for the Craft Guild Awards visit www.craftguildofchefs.org/competitions/craft-guild-of-chefs-awards-2010/3
By Lisa Jenkins
E-mail your comments to Lisa Jenkins here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs
Blogs on Catererandhotelkeeper.com
Catch up with more news and gossip on all Caterer's blogs
For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our E-newsletters