The Good Food Guide has published the regional shortlist for its Restaurant of the Year awards.
More than 44,500 diners all over the UK nominated their favourite local restaurants, pubs and cafés.
The 10 regional winners will now go head-to-head to become the overall winner of The Good Food Guide Readers' Restaurant of the Year at an awards ceremony on 20 June in London.
All 10 restaurants will be included in the 2013 edition of the Good Food Guide, published on 10 September.
The shortlisted restaurants are:
● East of England Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
● London Charlotte's Place, Ealing
● Midlands The Bluebell, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire
● North-east Van Zeller, Harrogate
● North-west Grenache, Walkden, Manchester
● Northern Ireland Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast
● Scotland Ubiquitous Chip, Glasgow
● South-east Jeremy's Restaurant, Haywards Heath, W Sussex
● South-west The Swan, Wedmore, Somerset
● Wales Y Polyn, Carmarthen
The Good Food Guide's consultant editor, Elizabeth Carter, said: "Each restaurant is testament to the great dining scene around the UK and we heartily congratulate them all. Of course, what makes these awards so special is that they are based on feedback from the Good Food Guide readers - the people who are out there eating and enjoying food every day - what higher compliment could there be?"
By Kerstin Kühn
E-mail your comments to Kerstin Kühn here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs
Blogs on Catererandhotelkeeper.com
Catch up with more news and gossip on all Caterer's blogs
For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our E-newsletters