1. What was your first job?
Apprentice chef - Vaux Breweries, Sunderland
2. What made you want to be a chef?
Assisting my mum when I was young
3. What is your favourite restaurant?
21 Queen Street, Terry Laybourne's Newcastle restaurant
4. What is your favourite wine and what would you serve it with for that perfect meal?
Champagne followed by oysters, with a bowl of fresh English strawberries to finish
5. Do you experiment with dishes on your family?
No, I experiment with the staff at St James' Park
6. Are there any foods/ingredients you refuse to eat or cook with? If so, why?
7. Have you ever had a disaster in the kitchen? If so, what?
No, but I dread referees cancelling football matches on the day leaving me with food preparation for 2,500 covers and no one to eat it
8. What is your favourite holiday destination?
The Greek islands, romantic and relaxing
9. How do you relax when you're away from work?
Visit steam railway venues
10. What would you do if you won the lottery?
11. What sort of music do you like?
Easy listening music of the 1960s - James Last and Bert Kaempfert
12. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Retired, stress free, relaxed and able to watch a football match live
13. Who is your favourite supplier of the moment and why?
Susan Justice, Cearns & Brown. Tel: 0191-428 2828. I buy all my frozen and dry stock there
14. What is your favourite prepared food product?
Smoked local game, poultry and seafood from Chef's Palette. Tel: 0973 664 423
15. What has been the highlight of your career?
Having 40 loyal staff who always produce the right results