Nominations have opened for the National Fish & Chip Awards 2013, run by Seafish, which are now into their 25th year.
The 2013 award categories are:
● Independent Takeaway Fish and Chip Shop of the Year Award
● Independent Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year Award
● Best Multiple Operator Award
● Best Foodservice Outlet Serving Fish and Chips Award
● Best Newcomer Award
● Staff Training and Development Award
● Contribution To Local Community Award
● Good Catch Award
● Young Fish Frier of the Year Award
● Marketing and Innovation Award
● Best Independent Foodservice Outlet Serving Fish and Chips Award
● From Field To Frier
For the first time, there will also be an Outstanding Achievement Award for any fish and chip business that has shown industry knowledge or passion.
Nikki Hawkins, foodservice and events manager at Seafish, said: "The fish frying trade is big business for the UK and grows every year. The awards are an opportunity for businesses to be recognised for their excellence and get their name on the UK map. Many of our past national, regional and local finalists have gone on to reap substantial increases in trade as a result of winning an award."
Entries for all 12 award categories close on 14 July.
By Neil Gerrard
E-mail your comments to Neil Gerrard here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs
Blogs on Catererandhotelkeeper.com
Catch up with more news and gossip on all Caterer's blogs
For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our E-newsletters