Steven McLeod, founder and chief executive of the Aurora Hotel Collection, has been named Scottish Hotelier of the Year at the ninth annual Scottish Hotel Awards.
Held at one of Scotland's largest venues - the Thistle Glasgow - the awards ceremony proved to be a triumphant evening for Aurora, with the group scooping seven awards.
As well as winning the Marketing Award and one of six Design Gold Medals for the Coach House at Glenbervie, near Falkirk, the company's newly opened Cairn Lodge & Hotel, in Auchterarder, was presented with three awards, including Scotland's Sexiest Hotel, Rising Star Luxury Hotel and the Scottish Hotel Design Award.
Group executive chef Linsey Scott was also one of four winners of a Hotel Executive Chef Médaille d'Or.
McLeod said that he was delighted by Aurora's success. "Winning the Scottish Hotelier of the Year is not a reflection of my hard work alone. I have recruited a great team of professionals who have both the experience and enthusiasm to deliver unrivalled service and quality to our guests. This has played a huge part in my success and I couldn't do it without them."
Among the other leading winners at the Scottish Hotel Awards were:
● Scottish Guest House of the Year - Allt-Na-Craig, Ardrishaig, Argyll
● Scottish Hotel Group of the Year - Apex Hotels
● Scottish Hotel Team of the Year - Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow
● Scottish Hotel Manager of the Year - Laurie Nicol, general manager, Grand Central hotel, Glasgow
● The Fellowship - Norbert Lieder, managing director, ICMI Hotel Collection
● The Scottish Hotel of the Year - The Chester Residence, Edinburgh
For a full list of winners, visit: www.scottishhotelsoftheyear.com.
By Janet Harmer
E-mail your comments to Janet Harmer here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Catererandhotelkeeper.com jobs
Blogs on Catererandhotelkeeper.com
Catch up with more news and gossip on all Caterer's blogs
For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our E-newsletters