Catering equipment and disposables wholesaler Alliance Online gives five top tips on what to look out for when buying a commercial glass or dishwasher.
● Match the type of machine to the demand to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen.
● The cheapest option is not always the best option. It's also important to consider the speed of call-out and service accessibility, as any downtime will have a significant impact on a busy kitchen.
● Ease of use is important - particularly in kitchens with a high turnover of staff. Equipment should be easy to load, simple to operate and with enough cycle options to suit the day-to-day requirements.
● Environmental concerns and cost efficiencies should go hand in hand. Choose systems that "get the job done" but do so intelligently and efficiently.
● If upgrading to more energy- and water-efficient models is not financially viable, it's still possible to reduce water consumption and therefore costs by minimising the number of runs throughout the day and selecting the most appropriate programme for the type of use.
Shad Williams, equipment specialist, Alliance Online