Video: Caterer reveals 2009 Acorn award winners
Monday 8th June 2009 13:22
Caterer has today recognised the top 30 hospitality figures under the age of 30 at a ceremony held at luxury hotel operator Von Essen's Lower Slaughter Manor, Gloucestershire.
Winners today include bright young stars from the likes of Radisson SAS, Aramark, Costa, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, Von Essen, Park Plaza, 3663 First for Foodservice and the Peach Pub Company.
The Acorn Awards have spotted the likes of Marco Pierre White, Gary Rhodes and Marcus Wareing, since launching in 1986.
You can also view photos from the weekend on Table Talk here
Full list of 2009 Acorn winners
- Caroline Archer, revenue manager, The Rezidor Hotel Group, Park Inn Manchester
- John Badley, executive head chef, Rookery Hall hotel, Hand Picked Hotels
- Charlotte Barr, head chef, The Old Mill, Peach Pub Co.
- Ros Bowen, HR business partner business dining, Aramark
- Joanne Burnip, store manager, Costa Coffee
- Alison Chenery, hotel project manager, Hotel Verta, Von Essen
- Dan Corfield, PR and marketing manager, Renaissance Chancery Court
- Isabelle Davis, marketing manager, 3663 First for Foodservice
- Nicolas Defremont, restaurant manager, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
- Robert Flinter, hotel manager, IHG - Holiday Inn London Kensington Forum
- Stephen Fogarty, foodservices manager, Debenhams
- Sam Hall, regional sales & marketing manager, Sharrow Bay Hotel, von Essen
- William Holland, head chef, La Becasse Restaurant
- David Hopkins, regional IT Manager UK, Park Plaza Hotels Europe
- Caroline Marais, HR manager, Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel
- Helen McDonald, F&B manager, Heathrow Premier Inn
- Grant McKenzie, general manager, Malmaison, Leeds
- Vincent McKevitt, director and founder, Tossed UK
- Chantelle Nicholson, sous chef/operations manager, Marcus Wareing at The Berkeley
- Laura Penman, hotel proprietor, Fishmore Hall
- Chris Penn, deputy general manager, The Cavendish Hotel
- Rachel Louise Phillips, acting director of HR, Renaissance Chancery Court
- Hannah Scott, director, Strattons hotel
- Ashley Shaw, F&B operations manager, the Westbury hotel
- Elaine Shovlin, assistant director of sales, Central London Hotels, Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Jamie Stevens, general manager, Abode Hotels, Glasgow
- Gavin Tiffin, general manager/company director, Hamilton park Racecourse, Prestige Scotland/Sizzling Scot Ltd
- James Varah, event sales director, The Brewery
- Denis Verrier, general manager, Homewood Park, von Essen
- Simon Warner, general manager, Dartmouth Apprentice
Von Essen prepares to welcome the Acorns >>
Acorn Awards 2009: The Young ones >>
Acorn Awards 2008 - watch the highlights >>
Acorn Awards mini-site >>
By Chris Druce
E-mail your comments to Chris Druce here.
Looking for a new job? Find your next job here with Caterersearch.com
For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our e-mail newsletters.
Featured video - for more, visit Caterer and Hotelkeeper’s YouTube channel >>