Leon plans expansion despite uncertainity over economy

by Chris Druce, Thursday 26th June 2008 10:02

Healthy fast-food group Leon plans to open up to five new outlets this year, despite the uncertainty over the economy and consumer spending.

The group, which opened a new site at Canary Wharf in London in January, is in talks to open in Bristol’s multimillion-pound city-centre development Cabot Circus, as well as its out-of-town shopping centre Cribbs Causeway.

John Vincent, Leon co-founder, said that while consumer spending had gone through a shaky period earlier this year, the eating-out market had come back strongly since, despite the continuing uncertainty.

“We’re taking each day as it comes and trying to make it as good as possible,” he told Caterersearch.

Vincent confirmed that Leon was in early discussions about franchising the brand overseas with the Middle East and America’s New York and the Mid-West options.

Caterersearch has an exclusive video of Leon co-founders John Vincent and Henry Dimbleby talking about Leon at Monday’s (23 June) Arena lunch for your enjoyment below.

Arena will be entertaining Charles Wilson, chief executive of Booker, at its next event on 24 September at the Jumeirah Carlton Hotel. For more details go to the Arena website.

James Horler joins Leon after La Tasca >>

Leon restaurant group: 21st century take-away >>

Swan Inn and Leon named as RSPCA Good Business Award winners >>

Leon set to open three London sites >>

By Chris Druce

E-mail your comments to Chris Druce here.

 

The Caterer Blog
Catch up with more news and gossip on the Caterer Blog here
Newsletters
For the latest hospitality news, sign up for our e-mail newsletters.
 
 
<!--MPU-->

Featured video - for more, visit Caterer and Hotelkeeper’s YouTube channel >>

    Caterer and Hotel Keeper Jobs
    Most ReadLatest Articles
    Most ReadMost Viewed Articles
    Related Industry Resources
    Sign up to Caterer and Hotelkeeper
    Mobile Site
    Also on Caterer and HotelKeeper
    Blogs