About 50 exhibitors have already signed up for Hostec 2008. Here's a sample of some of the products and services that will be on show.
• MCR Systems will use Hostec to launch its latest hospitality electronic point of sale (EPoS) management and reporting system. Called Symphony Enterprise, the software is delivered over the internet and allows companies to control and run reports from individual EPoS systems that may be spread over multiple sites or large geographic areas.
• Drop by Dometic's stand to see its new Hi Promatic minibar that allows the invoicing of items in real time. The product includes a sensing technology called E-field, which the makers say detects any variations or change of position of items within the minibar.
• With technology now a crucial consideration for any business conference, meeting or event, hotels are often expected to provide and support these requirements. Members of the iBAHN team will be on hand to demonstrate how they can help and talk you through their conference technology solutions, which they say are used at more than 5,000 meetings and conferences worldwide each month.
• Posera Software will be demonstrating its Maitre'D EPoS software at Hostec. Fully customisable, it can be used to run web-based reports and real-time alerts, time and attendance scheduling, inventory and delivery modules, as well as functions designed especially for quick-service and table-service restaurants.
• Visitors to the Ariane Systems stand will be able to see its range of self check-in kiosks. These include the "indoor" DUO 4000 kiosk, which is fully integrated with the hotel property management and key lock systems. Also on show will be the "outdoor" DUO 1600 range, which is targeted at smaller hotels and budget properties that want to a provide 24/7 check-in service without the cost of extra staffing.
• Made up of number of specialist hotel IT companies, the Hotel Consortium is an initiative offering a one-stop technology solution for customers. From front office, point of sale and telephone systems to wired and wireless internet access, TV systems and broadband bandwidth management, the consortium will be at Hostec to discuss any requirements.Read an interview with Hostec founder Rob Grimes >>