1. What does the term "salpicon" imply?
2. Traditionally, when roasting mutton and lamb, how should the cooking differ?
3. Verdelho Madeira is slightly sweeter than the Sercial Madeira. What type of drink is this considered to be and what flavour is hinted?
4. Should savouries be garnished with (a) cress, (b) parsley or (c) watercress?
5. Does the dish "almond potatoes" contain almonds or are they just almond shaped?
6. What type of sauce is salsa pizzaiola and how is it used?
7. In Japan each area will almost certainly have its own "meibutsu" dish. What is it?
8. How does the shape in which ham is cut differ from that of gammon?
9. Which meat is used in Irish stew? Is it (a) pork, (b) beef or (c) lamb?
10. Veal is, of course, available throughout the year, but when is local veal at its best?
11. A Provenáal salad includes garlic, black olives and tomatoes. What are the other main ingredients?
12. Why does milk boil over?
13. Food which is to be canned may first be blanched. Three of the reasons for this are: (a) to remove enzymes, (b) to expel air and (c) to reduce bulk. What are the other three?
14. A popular drink in Mexico is Jamaican flower water. What are the Jamaican flowers?
15. Aubergines, marrows, peppers and tomatoes are all classed as fruits. What class is given to broccoli, cauliflower and globe artichoke?