Colin Tenwick, CEO of LiveBookings.com, shares his tips to help your business make the most of online offers
● Don't get into a situation where you're doing a deal at a loss.
● Stay in control. There are famous examples of people running deals when the service couldn't cope with the amount of people turning up, and where people were queuing at the door not quite sure of what their voucher offered them.
● Aim for repeat business - don't do a deal unless you're going to be left with information you can use. Can you track whether the customers who took up your deal then came back to dine at full price?
● Make the deal as logistically easy as possible. Drive offers through your own technology so that you can control uptake and so you don't just have a mass of people turning up with a voucher.
● Negotiate - mass deal providers are now making 50% less on dining deals than they were 12 months ago as restaurants are in a stronger position and need to cover their costs.
● It's all about longevity. Reflect on the success - after the deal has run, what have you obtained? Have you got data on the customers that came in, which you can use for marketing?
Colin Tenwick, CEO, LiveBookings.com