This latest Malaysian restaurant to hit London comes from Eddie Lim, the man behind the Mango Tree in Victoria. Awana features traditional Malaysian dishes with a modern twist. Tully Filmer designed the interiors using Malaysian teak houses as inspiration, so expect dark wood, silk panels and glass screens.
- Opened: 21 November
- Owner: Eddie Lim
- Head chef: Lee Chin Soon
- General manager: Sirirat Murphy
- Capacity: Restaurant 90; bar 28; Satay Bar 14
- Food: Try golden fried scallops, prawns and cuttlefish with sweet chilli sauce, or grilled veal marinated with turmeric and lime leaves served with courgette spaghetti.
- Prices: Skewers in the Satay Bar start at £7. Starters between £5 and £8.50, main courses from £9.50 to £25. Typical spend for drinks is £35 to £40.
- Address: 85 Sloane Avenue, London SW3 3DX
- Telephone: 020 7584 8880