1. What was your best subject at school?
Physics - I enjoy experimenting
2. What was your first job?
A cashier in an amusement arcade when I was 15
3. What was your first job in catering?
Banqueting waiter at the House of Commons
4. What do you usually eat for breakfast?
A Weetabix (three if I am presenting against our competition!)
5. What do you do to relax?
Step aerobics, rugby and looking for my golf balls!
6. Which is your favourite restaurant?
Café Pacifico - there are no formalities
7. What is your favourite drink?
Pint of bitter (in a jug)
8. Which ingredient do you hate most?
9. What do you always carry with you?
My watch (rarely adhered to, I might add), and an empty wallet (I always claim to be too busy to go the bank)
10. How would you describe your desk?
A cross between an Army assault course and the eliminator on Gladiators
11. Which person in catering have you most admired?
Garry Hawkes - he was left for dead by Forte when they looked to sell to Compass/ARA and he went on to fight back and make a success of the MBO
12. Which person gave you the greatest inspiration?
My mother - she believed in me!
13. Cast away on a desert island, which luxuries would you take?
My E-mail and a satellite dish
14. What daily newspapers do you read?
The Daily Telegraph and the FT
15. If not yourself, who would you rather had been?
The person who invented nodding dogs or waving hands for the back of cars - a far easier way to earn a living
16. If you hadn't gone into catering, where do you think you would be now?
A doctor. I am told I have a good bedside manner!
17. Describe your ultimate nightmare?
Not getting the contract!
18. Where and when was your last holiday?
Portugal - last summer
19. Tell us a secret...
I am very shy - really
20. What irritates you most about hotels?
They rarely understand the needs of the guest
21. When was the last time you had a hamburger?
Last Saturday, with my two sons